The decision to replace your AC system can mean the difference between taking a vacation or not for a lot of Fredericksburg, Stafford, and Spotsylvania Virginia residents. Delmarva Aire, Inc. understands the financial stress that comes with owning a home and maintaining all its appliances. When the decision must be made whether to do another ac repair or replace the ac system all together you need a trusted local HVAC contractor at the ready.
Pros & Cons of AC Repair VS. Replacement
AC Repair Pros:
- If your AC system is 1-10 years old, it is feasible to make repairs if the system has been regularly maintained by a licensed contractor.
- You may have up to a 10-year parts warranty on your equipment. This will keep the overall cost of repair lower.
- Most repairs can be completed for under five hundred dollars. This will give you time to plan and budget funds for a replacement.
AC Repair Cons:
- You may not receive fair pricing for repairs from your chosen HVAC contractor.
- If your HVAC equipment is over 10 years old and has not been professionally maintained repair costs will tend to be higher.
- A poorly maintained system and/or low quality of the equipment will result in a higher frequency of AC breakdowns.
AC Replacement Pros:
- Peace of mind. Most manufactures are now offering a 10-year parts warranty on their equipment when registered by the homeowner.
- If you recently bought your home and it has low-quality equipment or the installation is questionable, you have the choice to decide to install a trusted brand like Trane.
- You have the option of financing your purchase at low or no interest to spread out the cost of AC replacement.
AC Replacement Cons:
- It may not be necessary. If your system is 1-10 years old, it may make more sense to invest in ac repair.
- Don’t settle for the sales pitch. Most HVAC contractors and their technicians are highly motivated by equipment sales. For them, this means higher profit margins and commissions.
- AC replacement should be something you plan for, not something you are forced to do. HVAC system installations are a large investment ranging from four to ten thousand dollars.
The team at Delmarva Aire, Inc. has over twenty years of industry experience as trusted advisors of our community. If it's time to replace your HVAC system, we’ll tell you and offer a competitive cost estimate. With that said, we like fixing stuff and we’re good at it. Our team is not encouraged to use pushy sales pitches or scare tactics. If you are searching for an honest HVAC contractor call Delmarva Aire, Inc. today. We offer affordable ac repairs, maintenance, and replacement services.